Thursday, October 2, 2014

Omitted Real Awards from the Baseball in Review Post

The playoffs have begun and I went two for two on my wildcard picks.

Right after I finished my post reflecting on the baseball season, I realized that... d'oh! ...I never included my thoughts on the ACTUAL MLB awards that are handed out in the coming weeks.

Without further delay, here are my picks for the real MLB awards.

AL MVP - Mike Trout (with Victor Martinez a close second)
NL MVP - Clayton Kershaw (Giancarlo Stanton runner-up)
AL Cy Young - Corey Kluber ("King" Felix Hernandez barely loses)
NL Cy Young - Clayton Kershaw (Wainwright falls in second place)
AL Rookie of the Year - Jose Abreu (I often forget he exists thanks to his awful team)
NL Rookie of the Year - Billy Hamilton (I don't think voters will like voting for someone who wasn't up all year long like Jacob DeGrom)
AL Manager of the Year - Buck Showalter (Brad Ausmus finishes in second in this two-man race)
NL Manager of the Year - Don Mattingly (I don't have a clear idea of who wins this award but hey, it's not like anyone pays attention to coaching awards in the first place)

A no-hitter was one of a plethora of amazing starts from the Kershawshank Redemption.

Good luck to all of your favorite playoff teams! (unless they're already eliminated in which case, good luck to the teams going against the team that eliminated your team!)

No comments:

Post a Comment