Friday, May 30, 2014

Throwback Friday?: The Tonny Award's Final Speech [2013]

The following Speech is an excerpt from the "Award show" that I "hosted" in my Video Arts Class from my final day of High School...

Before we finish up with one final performance, I just wanted to say a few things. When I first came into this room (room 131 for Mrs. Rice's 6th hour Computer Graphics class in September of 2011), I was basically just expecting it to be another class that I learned about photoshop and other adobe programs while I yawned my way through the hour. I ended up having a great time and I looked forward to that class daily and continued my success in epic sixth hours with Mr. Gawlitta's 2nd semester Psychology class where not a day goes by that I don't think about something hilarious or awkward that happened in that class. 

Now, I had unreasonably crazy expectations for this (4th hour Video Arts) class as far as how much fun I would have with all of the recording and of course, the awesomeness that is Mrs. Tonn. Even though I had crazy high expectations, Thanks to all of you this 4th hour Video Arts class exceeded those expectations. I have sat in that same seat over there (2nd row, closest to wall away from door) for two full semesters now and I've met some awesome people that I'll never forget.

Some people really wish there was a way you could know you're in the good ole' days before you've left them. My goal these past two years with Karaoke Day and The Tonny Awards on the last day for Seniors is to give them one last specific unforgettable memory in what most consider the "Good 'Ole Days" when they look back on their life and I strongly encourage teachers to do more activities like this on the final day. Thank you for helping with my good 'ole days and I hope you enjoy this final performance.

I then broke into Biz Markie's "Just A Friend" while taking off my "Hello my name is... Sexy & I Know It" tuxedo-shirt to perform the song in a "Taylor Gang or Die" t-shirt. Why? Because we all need to embrace that inner mediocre karaoke singer in all of us while never having a dull moment.

The Tonny Award's. Slightly creepy if you won all of them and hung them up on your wall or put them in a trophy case.

2 comments: