Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Los Spurs vs. El Heat: Part Deux

Minneapolis: The land of Timberwolves, Vikings, Twins, and the Midwestern capital of terrible sports management decisions. I will be there for the next 3 days and shudder at the possibility of missing Game one of the Finals or having to watch it on DVR and bravely dodge all sports media until I get to my DVR. It's not a guarantee on how long I'll be visiting my distant Minnesotan relatives but what is a guarantee is that I will make a prediction now and it will be terribly off.

Western Conference Finals Prediction: Spurs in 5.
Reality: Spurs in 6. Thanks, Serge Ibaka.
What We Learned: 
1. Tony Parker's ankle is 100% certain to be "injured" at some point in every Spurs championship run.
2. The Thunder don't have a bench and until they do, no decisions will be made on Scott Brooks.

Eastern Conference Finals Prediction: Heat in 6.
Reality: Heat in 6! Take that Roy Hibbert! (Kicking a man while he's down. So shameful)
What We Learned:
1. Dwyane Wade can still shoot the three-ball.
2. Frank Vogel, Roy Hibbert, Lance Stephenson, George Hill... I would not want any of these people on my team next season. There's still hope for Indiana with Paul George and David West.
3. Lance is incredibly meme-able
"She was bald Jerry, BALD!"
#1 San Antonio Spurs vs. #2 Miami Heat
The Spurs are better than they were last season and the Heat are worse than they were last season. This would tell us a whole lot if the Spurs were the team that won in seven last season but, that was Miami that did that. This series is unpredictable but I'll do it anyways because that's my fearless duty for the sake of the internet. There's no way that Tony Parker is injured. I call B.S. on any Spur injury that doesn't declare the player out come postseason time.

Key Match-Up To Watch: Chris "Birdman" Andersen vs. Tiago Splitter. Whoever wins this match-up, wins the series. If they split even like they have for most of the post-season so far, then I was wrong on this match-up and it'll probably become Kawhi Leonard vs. Lebron James because Lebron is Lebron and Kawhi has majorly improved since last Finals.

My Pick: At the beginning of the season, I said the Heat would sweep Memphis. (-sigh- Memphis) Now, with Greg Popovich back in the equation, I'll stick with my pre-season winner and say Heat in 6.

This man, Greg Oden (pictured with Serena Williams and Caroline Wozniacki), will win a ring before Kevin Durant. Durant was chosen 2nd overall behind the oft-injured former Trail Blazer in the 2007 NBA Draft.
Good luck to whomever you root for and may the NBA Finals come down to a game seven! I'm pumped. WHY AREN'T YOU!?

No comments:

Post a Comment