Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Legitimate Post That Has Nothing to do with April Fool's Day

Hi there! Long time, no see! How have you been this past month? Have you been partying it up in Florida with topless people over Spring Break? Have you discovered a new relationship with someone special? or did you just shovel a lot because the only seasons in the Midwest are winter and construction?

I enjoyed my March more than any month since last Summer. Why? Because for one glorious week, I had no more concerns about assignments, winter storms, or (worst of all from a guilt standpoint) sleep getting in the way of actually conversing face-to-face and catching up with people I care about. The internet is a terrific place, don't get me wrong, but I, personally, only really want to use it as a platform for news and entertainment. As you could probably tell from self-created projects like The Bracket of Awesome (which is temporarily The Bracket of Weezy for April Fool's Day) and my mock-singing career on youtube, I'm all about entertaining people.

"Why are you telling me this?" you may be asking yourself. I'm telling you this because I don't use sites like Facebook to air public grievances at people who may be "following" me. I don't share your average run-of-the-mill statuses anymore, only jokes, news, and quirky observations. See, I try to actually contribute something new instead of your typical "Can't get to sleep O_O" 2 A.M. posts, the run-of-the-mill "Why is everyone of the opposite gender confusing?" status, or the bland "Deleting my account" only to not get the balls to actually do it in some sort of hoarding-layered last-second change of mind. Life is much more enjoyable when everyone tries contributing something new and original instead of relaying the same "Go -insert team here-!" message that ultimately leads to a negative response from one of the thousands of followers you likely have. You see, negativity always leads to some negative feeling from others and ultimately, wouldn't  the world be a better place if everyone were just optimistic? It wouldn't hurt.

Anyway, in case my readers have not fallen asleep yet, here's what I've been up to:

1.) My English class LITERALLY (In my best Rob Lowe voice) has an essay due every class period, so I would not have had time to blog even if I wanted to. I've considered dropping the class multiple times but at a certain point, I've done enough work with a not-awful grade that I will just end up toughing it out through my last required English credit before I move on to new adventures.

2.) Watching sports, duh. The NBA keeps on chugging along with only a handful of games remaining to their regular season. College Hoops is in the final four, and my bracket is busted of course (PITINO!).

3.) Started watching a certain television show that took me too long to get started on. I won't mention it until I'm finished with the series for spoiler alert paranoia.

4.) Catching up with family members and some high school friends. I got a few texts from people I genuinely miss seeing every weekday and those messages sort of made my day, so if you're reading this, thank you. As far as family goes, it was my grandmother and her twin brother's 85th birthday and the party took over all of Perkins in Marshfield, practically torturing the staff. It was ridiculous, obnoxious, everything a Todd birthday should be, and I wouldn't have changed it for anything.

"The Todd's LITERALLY took over Perkins."
5.) Did I mention I've been binge-watching Parks and Recreation as well? I love that show.

So no, I didn't go on any cruises or travel anywhere special. But I also didn't sit around, waiting in terror for school to return. I stayed in Wisconsin and still managed to have my best Spring break ever. Sometimes life's finest moments come completely unexpected.


No comments:

Post a Comment