Wednesday, January 14, 2015

2014-15 Bowl Game Pick Results

I suck.

New Orleans Bowl: Louisiana-Lafayette over Nevada 16-3.

I was: WRONG

Thank you, Cody Fajardo for nothing.

New Mexico Bowl: Utah State over UTEP 21-6.

I was: CORRECT

Las Vegas Bowl: Utah over Colorado State 45-10.

I was: CORRECT

I did NOT see the blowout coming.

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Air Force over Western Michigan 38-24.

I was: CORRECT

Camellia Bowl: Bowling Green over South Alabama 33-28.

I was: CORRECT

Miami Beach Bowl: Memphis over Brigham Young 55-48 in Double OT

I was: WRONG

Wilfredo Lee/AP Photo
The Fighting Mormons of BYU.
Boca Raton Bowl: Marshall over Northern Illinois 52-23.

I was: WRONG

Poinsettia Bowl: Navy over San Diego State 17-16.

I was: CORRECT

Bahamas Bowl: Western Kentucky over Central Michigan 49-48.

I was: CORRECT

This was the greatest of all the bowl games and it was the inaugural Bahamas Bowl. 34-point comeback? Big deal. Try throwing something other than a fade pass on your why-not-let-it-fly?  two-point conversion.

Hawaii Bowl: Rice over Fresno State 30-6.

I was: WRONG

This was the worst of all bowl games.

Heart of Dallas Bowl: Louisiana Tech over Illinois 35-18.

I was: CORRECT

QB Cody Sokol was an average, non-integral part of Louisiana Tech's win and now, Florida's QB Jeff Driskel will transfer to the school this off-season.
Quick Lane Bowl: Rutgers over North Carolina 40-21.

I was: WRONG

St. Petersburg Bowl: NC State over Central Florida 34-27.

I was: WRONG

Military Bowl: Virginia Tech over Cincinnati 33-17.

I was: WRONG

Congratulations to Virginia Tech on winning one of the flukiest games in recent memory over Ohio State earlier this season.

Sun Bowl: Arizona State over Duke 36-31.

I was: CORRECT

Duke almost always plays entertaining football and this close afternoon match-up was no different.

Independence Bowl: South Carolina over Miami (FL) 24-21.

I was: CORRECT

Pinstripe Bowl: Penn State over Boston College 31-30 in OT.

I was: WRONG

Thanks to a missed extra point, this game only lasted one overtime when it felt like it could have gone on for much longer and the viewers would have been just fine with that.

Holiday Bowl: USC over Nebraska 45-42.

I was: CORRECT

Jake Roth - USA TODAY Sports
Interim Coach Barney Cotton did a fine job of coaching but, apparently nothing could save the Cornhusker defense.
Liberty Bowl: Texas A&M over West Virginia 45-37.

I was: WRONG

Another wild, high-scoring fun-fest that ended Kenny Hill's career at TAMU as he now transfers to back up Trevone Boykin at TCU.

Russell Athletic Bowl: Clemson over Oklahoma 40-6.

I was: WRONG

The most surprising bowl game. Oklahoma did not show up at all and Clemson never had their typical Clemson late-game screw-ups.

Texas Bowl: Arkansas over Texas 31-7.

I was: WRONG

Why did I pick Texas? What made me do that?

Music City Bowl: Notre Dame over LSU 31-28.

I was: WRONG

After the monstrous collapse of Everett Golson, the Golson/Malik Zaire Quarterbacking handcuff worked swimmingly for Head Coach Brian Kelly. A last-second field goal was the big determining factor in this entertaining (Although, not quite musical enough) bowl game.

Belk Bowl: Georgia over Louisville 37-14.

I was: CORRECT

Ending my long streak of incorrectly chosen winners, RB Nick Chubb saved myself and Georgia in a thorough beating of Bobby Petrino in his first bowl game of his second tenure coaching at Louisville.

Foster Farms Bowl: Stanford over Maryland 45-21.

I was: CORRECT

Maryland needs to start playing some real defense if they want to be taken seriously any time soon.

Peach Bowl: TCU downright murdered Ole Miss 42-3.

I was: CORRECT

I'm not one to laugh at other people's failures (considering I have my own) but... Bo Wallace. wow. Just... wow.

Not sure what you think you're doing there, Bo but, you should probably stop considering it.
Fiesta Bowl: Boise State over Arizona 38-30.

I was: WRONG

Orange Bowl: Georgia Tech over Mississippi State 49-34.

I was: WRONG

Another real surprise, the triple-option offense might just be a strategy that teams like Texas, LSU, and Wisconsin might want to consider with lingering QB issues.

Outback Bowl: Wisconsin over Auburn 34-31 in OT.

I was: WRONG

I was under the impression that this was a toss-up so... at least I wasn't wrong about everything.

Cotton Bowl: Michigan State over Baylor 42-41.

I was: WRONG

An epic collapse ends Bryce Petty's career at Baylor and just leaves more questions about the playoff committee's final rankings,

Citrus Bowl: Missouri over Minnesota 33-17.

I was: CORRECT

Rose Bowl: Oregon over Florida State 59-20.

I was: WRONG

AP Photo/Doug Benc
"This play helped Oregon." stated Perd Hapley of Pawnee, Indiana.
Sugar Bowl: Ohio State over Alabama 42-35.

I was: WRONG

Marvin Fong, The Plain Dealer
Ezekiel Elliott quite literally hurdled his way into 2015 Heisman discussions with his playoff run.

Armed Forces Bowl: Houston over Pittsburgh 35-34.

I was: WRONG

TaxSlayer Bowl: Tennessee over Iowa 45-28.

I was: CORRECT

Iowa's two Quarterbacks did not work out anywhere near as well as Notre Dame's two Quarterbacks and neither C.J. Beathard nor, Jake Rudock could get in rhythm.

Alamo Bowl: UCLA over Kansas State 40-35.

I was: WRONG

Cactus Bowl: Oklahoma State over Washington 30-22.

I was: CORRECT

Birmingham Bowl: Florida over East Carolina 28-20.

I was: CORRECT

Shane Carden's draft value took a hit after he threw a mindless interception on the last-minute drive.

GoDaddy.com Bowl: Toledo over Arkansas State 63-44.

I was: CORRECT

Toledo's run game was unstoppable and there might be a prospect hiding on this o-line or in this backfield somewhere.

National Championship: Ohio State over Oregon 42-20.

I was: CORRECT (in a way. When I picked the game, it was listed as winner of Alabama/Ohio St. or winner of Oregon/Florida State. I chose Alabama/Ohio St. thinking it would be Alabama winning.)

We just witnessed the birth of a legend. Welcome aboard the Cardale Jones Reality Tour, where we ain't come to play school and Wisconsin, 'Bama and Oregon are no match for THE Cardale Jones.

Kirby Lee/USA Today Sports
One of the greatest college coaches ever out-coached Larry Coker Jr. in the most watched cable program ever.


19/39 on picks. That's not even 50%. I sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment